Not all of the Christian rewards are after death. Some are for now. Not "pie in the sky, by and by."
I. Early rewards of spiritual happiness.
A. Philippians 4: 4-9. See the inner peace that comes from living God's way? There are many reasons for that peace, but
part of it is living a life of love, and ". . . love rejoices not in the wrong, but rejoices in the right . . . " I Cor. 13: 6.
B. Walking with Jesus is freedom from worry. Matthew 6: 25-34.
C. Walking with Jesus is freedom from having happiness or success defined by other people (Luke 12: 4-7). Happiness does not haveto be defined by having power over others (Matthew 23: 11, 12) or by owning a lot of material things (Luke 12: 15 "And he said unto them, 'Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.'")
D. Walking with Jesus brings out the best in the Christian home.
1. It was Jesus who created mankind as male and female and enjoined them to be fruitful and multiply. It was the Word,
Jesus, who brought them together naked and unashamed in the garden, to be married (Gen. 2: 25; Gen 3: 8).
2. Jesus wants us to enjoy the superlatives of marriage. See I Corinthians 7: 1-7.
3. Jesus wants us to enjoy the superlatives of marriage and a good home. But this will happen only if everyone lives up to
the roles assigned to them (Ephesians 5: 22-6:4). Life is happiest when we live it God's way.
4. What a mess when people try to do it their own way! God made marriage . . . knows how it is put together, what makes it tick ... and it will never work when fornication is put in place of love (I Corinthians 6: 13-20) and adultery is put in place of constant, faithful, tender, true love (Matthew 5: 27-32).
E. God wants us to enjoy the best of the fellowship of God's people.
1. The first century church did (Acts 2: 44-47).
2. They "preferred one another" (Romans 12: 9-13).
3. They bore each other's burdens (Galatians 6: 1, 2).
III. God wants you to be happy. Philippians 3: 8-15. Are you happy?
We hope that by visiting this web page, you have been blessed.
Please click on the doorway to return to the Sermons index page