Pres. Bush, Jan. , 2002 a proclamation
C. Be assured that if an abortion
is in your past, God can forgive or has...
a. But we cannot be silent on the subject.
D. How many abortions in our country since 1973 (Roe v. Wade)? 39 mil.!
1. Oddly, there are approximately 40 mil. between the ages of 1 & 29 that have been born since Roe v. Wade.
a. We have wiped out 50 of the generation.
b. Every time you see one in that age group, know that one also died.
2. This generation knows it exists because of choice. Mom could have let me be born or she could have killed me. & nobody else cares either way.
a. We decry the school shootings & wonder how it could happen!
b. It happens because they have been taught that life is a choice & one option is as good as the other.
c. Kids will stop killing kids when parents stop killing kids! & when they are taught that life is important! Every life!
A. Germanys claimed 6 million. Abortion in America? 6 times that many!
1. & it is darkly amusing that the precepts & parameters of the holocaust are identical, blow for blow, with the presuppositions of abortion.
2. The killing in Germany was called the final solution to the problem of the Jews that authorized the death camps.
a. Here, it is called pro-choice!
B. How could this happen? There are 6 major fronts or arguments that abortion puts up.
A. The Supreme Court of the U. S. has ruled that a fetus does not have rights under the Constitution. He (or it) is not a person!
1. Question is: If I am a person & it is illegal to kill me, why is it legal to kill a child?
a. Well, he cannot sustain life on his own.
b. Well, they are born undeveloped.
c. They have no utility; can do nothing.
2. Question: Why is a baby in the womb, under development, not a human; but people not in the womb, still under development (& some going down) considered people?
3. What does God say?
a. Psa 119:73 Your hands made me & fashioned me;
b. Psa. 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mothers womb. 4 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works
c. Job 10:10 Did You not pour me out like milk & curdle me like cheese?
1] That's the embryonic stage of sperm & egg coming together, forming a living being.
2] Then says in v. 11: Did You not Clothe me with skin & flesh, & knit me together with bones & sinews?
d. Exo. 21:22ff If men struggle with each other & strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage (lit. her fruit comes out), yet there is no further injury (meaning the child didn't die), he shall surely be fined as the womans husband may demand of him, & he shall pay as the judges decide. (note: fined) 23 But if there is any further injury (if you hurt that baby in the womb), then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
1] God quotes verbatim the ex Talionis- the law of retaliation given to all Jews as their constitutional right to life.
2] We have that same right. Declaration: ...Life, Liberty, & the Pursuit of Happiness?
4. When women give birth, a million out of a mil. times, it is a human.
5. Hippocratic oath, I will not give to a woman pessary to produce abortion.
a. At 2 months a child has fingerprints.
b. At 3rd month (10 weeks) he feels pain.
c. At 20 weeks there is rapid eye movement hes dreaming.
d. Film shows a needle being inserted into the womb of a pregnant woman for an abortion. The child recoils. He's scared! Something is there that shouldnt be.
B. 2nd Argument: A Woman Has a Right Over Her Body.
1. Al Gore thundered that at the Democratic National Convention. Applause drowned him out.
2. Thing is: I agree. But the assumption many make is that the child in the womb is part of her body, not a living person residing in her body.
a. But the child is not her body.
C. 3rd Argument: A Woman Has a Right Over Her Life.Meaning: I don't want this burden!
1. We would agree that a child is an inconvenience.
2. Listen to all the arguments for abortion & you can only come to one conclusion: it is all rhetoric. And it is rhetorical sleight-of-hand.
a. You cant fool a child with it. Only an adult! The kid will not see the emperor's clothes. No matter how you couch it, it is killing a baby.
b. By the way: Fetus is Latin, & Neonate is Greek for baby.
c. The term pro-choice is a softened way of saying pro-death.
1] If Al Gore had been handed that speech from a rookie speech writer, & it had said, I believe the woman has the right to kill the child in her womb, they would have told him to change it. & he could say, Arent we killing something? It had life & it doesnt now?
2] You cant say death or human.
3] A woman has a right to choose! Not inflammatory. Rhetoric!
3. I have yet to figure out how an ideology in America can love trees & kill babies. We can love whales... Love baby seals ..
D. #4 This is an unwanted Child.
1. It goes like this: Shes a career-minded woman or its a bad circumstance. Woman has no husband, no skills, no means of support. Or, she already has kids. Elvis sang: If theres one thing that she don't need; its another little hungry mouth to feed in the Ghetto.
a. We can sympathize with that. But weve seen a lot of people grow up in bad circumstances & they are glad to be here.
b. Many of you were probably not wanted by your parents
2. Put them on our doorstep! Wherever you are, bring them to us;
a. So, Im pro-choice. Give the choice to the kid!
b. Hell choose to live. & if its a girl, shell choose not to die, & she shouldnt be made to die, a woman has authority over her body!
E. #5 If Abortion Isnt Legal, a woman might try it herself with a coat hanger & hemorrhage and die!
1. Thats a fact. It happens. In the pain & embarrassment of the moment, many have tried it and died.
a. Yes, for a woman to use a coat hanger and die is a bad thing!
b. You know why? cause its a bad thing for a human to die needlessly Whether its the mother or the child!
c. But legislating an equally bad thing is not the solution.
2. I'm going to give you a word thats been out of use for awhile.
a. Its RESPONSIBLE. (used it until the mid-70s)
b. Responsible means that when a man & a woman have sex (which, by the way, was not intended for men & women, but for husbands & wives) with sex comes a release that brings sperm & egg together; & that creates the possibility of a child. Youre responsible for your actions. & if a child is created, youre responsible for him or her.
3. Thats the solution. It's called HUMANITY!
a. Once an abortion is done, guilt & depression are a given
b. And there is no solution except clinging to the grace of God!
F. #6 What About Rape, Incest, or a Threatened Life?
1. Threatened life? C. Everett Coop, once Surgeon General of the U.S., said that in his 38 years in obstetrics he had never seen a threatened life.
a. It happens. Rarely. But he never saw it.
2. Life sometimes gives us a choice between 2 lives. Saving one costs the other.
a. Firemen at the World Trade Center
b. A damaged submarine.
c Tom Landrys daughter discovered liver cancer about the same time she learned of her pregnancy.
refused treatment. baby lived. She died.
3. But these situations do not happen very often. & this argument is rhetorical sleight-of-hand.
4. On RAPE & INCEST: Want to know the percentage of abortions that result from them? .06, almost 1/2 of Death is not an option.
A. Its legal. & people confuse legal with moral and right.
B. Its foundation is Evolution/Humanism.
1. Illustration. We can burst the balloons but until the foundation is destroyed, theyll be right back.
2. Thats why it wont be turned around as easily now as slavery, or even civil rights in the 50s, because we are not sitting on the same consensus.
C. Its in the dark. You cant see it.
D. Political Pressure.
1. Leading voices in America are the media & the Arts & they are proabortion.
E. Silence by those who care.
1. Christians always arrive late.
2. Every generation has a national sin, & each has to speak up.
3. So, what do we do?
a. Speak up! Micah 2:6 But if they do not speak out concerning these things, Reproaches will not be turned back.Say, No.
b. Send the next generation out with convictions. Educate your kid.
c. Support the Alternatives.
d. Pray & reach out with the gospel.
1.]If an entire population will embrace the infinite personal God...
2] In the Roman Empire girl babies did not have value
a. now what Christians did? They made a difference.
b. They went looking for the little girls to adopt and rear.
3] When runaway slaves took the underground railroad to the North, if you were a Christian you stepped in and helped them
4] Abortion is our National Sin.
5] Why are we even debating this?